indiTraders - Forum for the Active Indian Trader  

Go Back   indiTraders - Forum for the Active Indian Trader > Tools > Brokers

Brokers Talk brokers and firms here

Reply
 
Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 10-05-2015, 12:36 PM
Sunshine's Avatar
Sunshine Sunshine is offline
indiTraders VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,529
Thanks: 6,189
Thanked 4,436 Times in 1,980 Posts
Sunshine has a reputation beyond repute
Sunshine has a reputation beyond reputeSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeSunshine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Zerodha Pi

Anybody using Zerodha PI ? Please Review .
__________________
A man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones - Confucius
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sunshine For This Useful Post:
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 10-05-2015, 02:01 PM
NJ23's Avatar
NJ23 NJ23 is offline
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 50
Thanks: 65
Thanked 83 Times in 43 Posts
NJ23 will become famous soon enoughNJ23 will become famous soon enough
Default

Pi as of now is NEST Trader with a fancier skin and layout. All the AI and stuff has to come out before we can make any comment on it.

Negatives of Pi:
1. No customization possible of any kind on the platform(Be it the bar types for backtesting, no custom metrics for optimization, no custom indicators, you'll have to request Zerodha to include your indicator when they come up with a new version).
2. Backtester lacks many features. No portfolio backtester, no custom bar types for backtesting, no optimizer(until they come up with the AI module for Pi), no walk forward optimization/testing, no position sizing modelling possible.
3. Charts are not really reliable for trading as of now. Incorrect/missing data is still a problem on Pi, it won't be long before it's settled.

Positives of Pi:
1. Very low bandwidth requirement for symbol download as well as live price data feed.
2. Very stable platform(unlike Zerodha Trader). No crashes, no hang ups.
3. Trading bridges and APIs. Full set of APIs are yet to come out, but they've promised a full API set.
4. Ability to dock different windows(Multi monitor set ups would find it a good feature).

So, should one use Pi?
Charts have to be better(correct data feed) for using charting of Pi. If you're not reliant on Pi for charts, it's a good platform and a lot of promise. With a full set of APIs, we can use any analytical software we'd like.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NJ23 For This Useful Post:
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 10-05-2015, 04:14 PM
manishchan manishchan is offline
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 11
Thanks: 26
Thanked 18 Times in 11 Posts
manishchan is on a distinguished road
Default

Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
Anybody using Zerodha PI ? Please Review .

If you have ever used Trader Tiger of sharekhan.. just imagine the worst version of it.. dtz PI. Only additional feature they have added is to trade form the chart. That again has itz own issue. If you are particular about slippage, it wont work for you coz trading from chart takes only market order.

Apart from all this, their data is still not stable. Many times the candles suddenly disappears.. doesn't backfill.. or shows incorrect OHLC. I tried it for sometimes and gone back to NOW.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to manishchan For This Useful Post:
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 10-05-2015, 07:58 PM
whatsinthename whatsinthename is offline
Regulars
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 313
Thanks: 126
Thanked 514 Times in 267 Posts
whatsinthename is a jewel in the roughwhatsinthename is a jewel in the roughwhatsinthename is a jewel in the roughwhatsinthename is a jewel in the roughwhatsinthename is a jewel in the roughwhatsinthename is a jewel in the rough
Default

Pathetic to say the least on every front! Its a disastrous combination of everything you can think of. Nithin Kamath has still not learnt or gauged the pulse of Indian retail traders.
If you talk about charting, the minimum you should use is Amibroker. Else Pi is useless. If you talk about trading platform then better stick to NOW.

Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
Anybody using Zerodha PI ? Please Review .

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to whatsinthename For This Useful Post:
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2015, 05:00 PM
RitikaGupta's Avatar
RitikaGupta RitikaGupta is offline
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 14
Thanks: 3
Thanked 17 Times in 9 Posts
RitikaGupta is on a distinguished road
Default

I was impressed with it on youtube, but when used myself not at all impressed.

buggy and it does not even have a very basic thing that is BSE RT / EOD charts.

how funny.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RitikaGupta For This Useful Post:
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 09-10-2015, 05:12 PM
nTP's Avatar
nTP nTP is online now
Flash Crash
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: kolkata
Posts: 2,079
Thanks: 7,888
Thanked 2,296 Times in 1,372 Posts
nTP has much to be proud ofnTP has much to be proud ofnTP has much to be proud ofnTP has much to be proud ofnTP has much to be proud ofnTP has much to be proud ofnTP has much to be proud ofnTP has much to be proud ofnTP has much to be proud ofnTP has much to be proud ofnTP has much to be proud ofnTP has much to be proud ofnTP has much to be proud of
Default

hi SS

http://quant.zerodha.com/ what is it?
trading platform or BO
__________________
thx
nTuple

Disclaimer: I am not a Research Analyst and not registered with any regulating authority. All posts are for educational purpose only.

Consider us a dumb -dumble guy in this analysis, any type of real time example will be quick-learn approach.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nTP For This Useful Post:
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 09-10-2015, 05:29 PM
JJ's Avatar
JJ JJ is offline
.
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,899
Thanks: 20,032
Thanked 27,886 Times in 6,624 Posts
JJ has a reputation beyond reputeJJ has a reputation beyond reputeJJ has a reputation beyond reputeJJ has a reputation beyond reputeJJ has a reputation beyond repute
JJ has a reputation beyond reputeJJ has a reputation beyond reputeJJ has a reputation beyond reputeJJ has a reputation beyond reputeJJ has a reputation beyond reputeJJ has a reputation beyond reputeJJ has a reputation beyond reputeJJ has a reputation beyond reputeJJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Doing new things when old stuff isn't ready
__________________
In a fight between you and the markets, back the markets.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JJ For This Useful Post:
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 09-10-2015, 07:04 PM
Sunshine's Avatar
Sunshine Sunshine is offline
indiTraders VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,529
Thanks: 6,189
Thanked 4,436 Times in 1,980 Posts
Sunshine has a reputation beyond repute
Sunshine has a reputation beyond reputeSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeSunshine has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Originally Posted by nTuple View Post
hi SS

http://quant.zerodha.com/ what is it?
trading platform or BO

Just backoffice .
what is your trading history . the profitable days of the week etc..
are shown as Pie chart or histogram .
__________________
A man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones - Confucius
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunshine For This Useful Post:
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 09-10-2015, 07:13 PM
kaly422000 kaly422000 is offline
Regulars
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 569
Thanks: 243
Thanked 336 Times in 230 Posts
kaly422000 has a spectacular aura aboutkaly422000 has a spectacular aura aboutkaly422000 has a spectacular aura aboutkaly422000 has a spectacular aura aboutkaly422000 has a spectacular aura about
Default

Originally Posted by NJ23 View Post
Pi as of now is NEST Trader with a fancier skin and layout. All the AI and stuff has to come out before we can make any comment on it.

Negatives of Pi:
1. No customization possible of any kind on the platform(Be it the bar types for backtesting, no custom metrics for optimization, no custom indicators, you'll have to request Zerodha to include your indicator when they come up with a new version).
2. Backtester lacks many features. No portfolio backtester, no custom bar types for backtesting, no optimizer(until they come up with the AI module for Pi), no walk forward optimization/testing, no position sizing modelling possible.
3. Charts are not really reliable for trading as of now. Incorrect/missing data is still a problem on Pi, it won't be long before it's settled.

Positives of Pi:
1. Very low bandwidth requirement for symbol download as well as live price data feed.
2. Very stable platform(unlike Zerodha Trader). No crashes, no hang ups.
3. Trading bridges and APIs. Full set of APIs are yet to come out, but they've promised a full API set.
4. Ability to dock different windows(Multi monitor set ups would find it a good feature).

So, should one use Pi?
Charts have to be better(correct data feed) for using charting of Pi. If you're not reliant on Pi for charts, it's a good platform and a lot of promise. With a full set of APIs, we can use any analytical software we'd like.

zerodha nest trader ,is it dependable(for only trading). i mean if net is ok data download is ok or not?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kaly422000 For This Useful Post:
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 09-10-2015, 07:16 PM
kaly422000 kaly422000 is offline
Regulars
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 569
Thanks: 243
Thanked 336 Times in 230 Posts
kaly422000 has a spectacular aura aboutkaly422000 has a spectacular aura aboutkaly422000 has a spectacular aura aboutkaly422000 has a spectacular aura aboutkaly422000 has a spectacular aura about
Default

Originally Posted by manishchan View Post
If you have ever used Trader Tiger of sharekhan.. just imagine the worst version of it.. dtz PI. Only additional feature they have added is to trade form the chart. That again has itz own issue. If you are particular about slippage, it wont work for you coz trading from chart takes only market order.

Apart from all this, their data is still not stable. Many times the candles suddenly disappears.. doesn't backfill.. or shows incorrect OHLC. I tried it for sometimes and gone back to NOW.

tradetiger also giving problems now ,stopping frequently. nowadays data update dont carry on at a strech more than 5 mins or so, where as net is ok
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kaly422000 For This Useful Post:
Reply

indiTraders - Forum for the Active Indian Trader > Tools > Brokers


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:05 PM.


vBulletin Copyright by vBulletin

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2