indiTraders - Forum for the Active Indian Trader  

Go Back   indiTraders - Forum for the Active Indian Trader > Tools > Data

Data Share Data & Discuss Data Sources

GFDL
Reply
 
Bookmark and Share LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 17-03-2012, 03:31 PM
rohitb rohitb is offline
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 33
Thanks: 0
Thanked 57 Times in 18 Posts
rohitb is on a distinguished road
Default

Originally Posted by alex View Post
How about start recording the macros while you do the lengthy process and then save that macro. Next time just we have to run that macro..

ALEX BHAI

IM NOT THAT BIG XPERT IN MS EXCEL

IF U CAN GUIDE ME I WILL BE GREATFUL

ALSO READ THIS THREAD FOR MY METHOD OF BACKFILL FROM ODIN TO AMIBROKER

Backfilling From ODIN Diet. Method 1
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rohitb For This Useful Post:
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 17-03-2012, 03:33 PM
rohitb rohitb is offline
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 33
Thanks: 0
Thanked 57 Times in 18 Posts
rohitb is on a distinguished road
Default

Originally Posted by rohitb View Post
NEXT SESSION I WILL SHOW HOW TO BACKFILL IN MY WAY FROM ODIN TO AMIBROKER

AS PER COMMITMENT GIVEN IN THREAD FREE INTRADAY Data=Get ODIN Diet Market Watch Data To Amibroker Without any software BELOW IS THE METHOD TO BACKFILL DATA FROM ODIN DIET TO AMIBROKER


1> Select the scrip you want then go to Market>Market movement>Market movement (derivatives) or simply press CTRL+F12 for Derivatives and Market movement (Equity) or simply press SHIFT+F12 for Equity

2> you may/will see a box opening asking for different settings just put 1 minute time interval and hit ok

3> another window will open showing you time,open,high,low,close,volume,value,ATP

4> Right click in that box and select copy

5> Now Open one more blank workbook in ms excel and there click on cell A1 and right click it and select paste

6> you will see the data from the market movement pasted to excel. now add 2 blank columns before time column by click right clicking A which is on the top of the column and selecting Insert

7> Delete columns Value and ATP

8> now type ticker in a1 which is blank and date in b1 which is blank. type your ticker name which should be exactly the same in amibroker in cell a2 and date which is current date in b2. fill the entire columns A and B with Ticker and Date till the line where the other data ends

9> now right click the C column which is time in 12 hour format and select format cells

10> in format cells box under tab Numbers select time and in type select 13:30:55 ie the 24 hour format. now click ok. you will see the time in 24 hour format

11> save this workbook as csv.

12> do this for other scrips

13> now in amibroker go to file>import wizard click pick files button. select the file/files you just created. then hit next button

14> in column 1 select ticker, column 2 select dmy,mdy,ymd as per the date you have manually typed in excel i use dmy format, column 3 time, column 4 open,column 5 high column 6 low,column 7 close. select more columns and in column 8 select volume. for columns 9,10,11,12 select skip. now hit next button

15> now hit finish button


YOUR DATA HAS BEEN BACKFILLED

WILL SEE IF THERE IS ANY OTHER METHOD FOR BACKFILL FROM ODIN TO AMIBROKER

ANY USER KNOWING OR WILL ING TO SHARE WOULD BE APPRECIATED
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rohitb For This Useful Post:
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 17-03-2012, 06:11 PM
sikandar sikandar is offline
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 36
Thanks: 110
Thanked 63 Times in 26 Posts
sikandar is on a distinguished roadsikandar is on a distinguished road
Default

Hi bro
Just right click scrip open intraday chart,right click in chart window save chart as excel and
save in xl as our desired name.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sikandar For This Useful Post:
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 17-03-2012, 07:40 PM
alex alex is offline
indiTraders VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,928
Thanks: 14,925
Thanked 13,314 Times in 4,262 Posts
alex has a reputation beyond reputealex has a reputation beyond reputealex has a reputation beyond reputealex has a reputation beyond repute
alex has a reputation beyond reputealex has a reputation beyond reputealex has a reputation beyond reputealex has a reputation beyond reputealex has a reputation beyond reputealex has a reputation beyond reputealex has a reputation beyond reputealex has a reputation beyond reputealex has a reputation beyond reputealex has a reputation beyond reputealex has a reputation beyond reputealex has a reputation beyond reputealex has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Here is one Excel I have just created as I don't have the option to get Odin data in to Excel, this excel can backfil data in tick format.
Instructions: Open the excel file attached here > go to view>macros > click on drop down > select view micros > pop-up window will appear > select Alex > edit micro > vb window will open .. you can able to see this line ' "TEXT;C:\ODIN\Diet\ChartData\1203095292412N0-I.dat", Destination:=Range( _
"$A$1"))
.Name = "1203095292412N0-I"

You have to replace only that highlighted text and don't change other text.
I will tell you how.. Open the chart in Odin for the scrip you want to have backfill. Close the chart. Go to c > odin > diet > chartdata there you can see the most recent .dat file ( you can see file by date modified ) > right click on it > change the name> copy the name. NOW LEAVE DAT FILE AS IT WAS BEFORE.

Now come to the VB code, delete that two highlighted texts I have said before( Note: In second highlighted text Ignore " and keept as it is,) and pest the one which we have just copied. Close the VB window now.
Thats it.. we are done. Go to excel and hit ' ctrl+f ' in seconds it will convert data in to
dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss last price volume format.
If you want Ticker added before time then select entire date and time column by simple clicking on it, go to home > extreme third from top right you will see insert > click insert column> select entire column we have just created > next to formula write name of the ticker you want and hit ctrl+enter.
Attached Files
File Type: rar BackFillTick_Alex.rar (14.7 KB, 172 views)
__________________
The essence of mathematics is not to make simple things complicated, but to make complicated things simple.

Last edited by alex; 17-03-2012 at 07:46 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alex For This Useful Post:
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 17-03-2012, 11:17 PM
rohitb rohitb is offline
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 33
Thanks: 0
Thanked 57 Times in 18 Posts
rohitb is on a distinguished road
Default

Originally Posted by alex View Post
Here is one Excel I have just created as I don't have the option to get Odin data in to Excel, this excel can backfil data in tick format.
Instructions: Open the excel file attached here > go to view>macros > click on drop down > select view micros > pop-up window will appear > select Alex > edit micro > vb window will open .. you can able to see this line ' "TEXT;C:\ODIN\Diet\ChartData\1203095292412N0-I.dat", Destination:=Range( _
"$A$1"))
.Name = "1203095292412N0-I"

You have to replace only that highlighted text and don't change other text.
I will tell you how.. Open the chart in Odin for the scrip you want to have backfill. Close the chart. Go to c > odin > diet > chartdata there you can see the most recent .dat file ( you can see file by date modified ) > right click on it > change the name> copy the name. NOW LEAVE DAT FILE AS IT WAS BEFORE.

Now come to the VB code, delete that two highlighted texts I have said before( Note: In second highlighted text Ignore " and keept as it is,) and pest the one which we have just copied. Close the VB window now.
Thats it.. we are done. Go to excel and hit ' ctrl+f ' in seconds it will convert data in to
dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss last price volume format.
If you want Ticker added before time then select entire date and time column by simple clicking on it, go to home > extreme third from top right you will see insert > click insert column> select entire column we have just created > next to formula write name of the ticker you want and hit ctrl+enter.

i think they have made some changes in latest version of odin ie 10.0.02
i dont see ne dat files i just see 1620584223I.cdt and NIFTY12MARFUT[NSE FAO]15.tl
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rohitb For This Useful Post:
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 17-03-2012, 11:25 PM
alex alex is offline
indiTraders VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,928
Thanks: 14,925
Thanked 13,314 Times in 4,262 Posts
alex has a reputation beyond reputealex has a reputation beyond reputealex has a reputation beyond reputealex has a reputation beyond repute
alex has a reputation beyond reputealex has a reputation beyond reputealex has a reputation beyond reputealex has a reputation beyond reputealex has a reputation beyond reputealex has a reputation beyond reputealex has a reputation beyond reputealex has a reputation beyond reputealex has a reputation beyond reputealex has a reputation beyond reputealex has a reputation beyond reputealex has a reputation beyond reputealex has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Originally Posted by rohitb View Post
i think they have made some changes in latest version of odin ie 10.0.02
i dont see ne dat files i just see 1620584223I.cdt and NIFTY12MARFUT[NSE FAO]15.tl

Can you open 1620584223I.cdt in notepad and see the data like this..

1016183701|553115|8900
1016183701|554200|9300
1016183702|553500|29200
1016183703|553970|14800
1016183704|553990|14250

If yes then it can work with the above procedure.
__________________
The essence of mathematics is not to make simple things complicated, but to make complicated things simple.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)  
Old 17-03-2012, 11:42 PM
rohitb rohitb is offline
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 33
Thanks: 0
Thanked 57 Times in 18 Posts
rohitb is on a distinguished road
Default

Originally Posted by alex View Post
Can you open 1620584223I.cdt in notepad and see the data like this..

1016183701|553115|8900
1016183701|554200|9300
1016183702|553500|29200
1016183703|553970|14800
1016183704|553990|14250

If yes then it can work with the above procedure.


no its all funny characters like

PK
 tq@  # X ODIN/DIET/ChartData/1620584223I.dat
 NUL NUCX# O D I N \ D I E T \ C h a r t D a t a \ 1 6 2 0 5 8 4 2 2 3 I . d a t y$Tw!eM@)Yx);@ɵuUW*PKt[ #HFg$^ |m-NJ4"TڂQX3:ɯkX([!"R(齚8;v9}/KWM
zT3t@28xc*ke5l@%DX|\\AE2 hYM ᜪ¸"~k9ژ`C>x Uc_`*P0⤣@%r
aj64p]qVg t*o2;/
)Q33Ijl¤rݒC#2͌ +[>+mC-{m:
&>|^ f:m4FhZ> 6r`:wI`o-bV=1_Jl(2S`GφCTu4_?* J+륪
uѴ4S[%*Yo\sMqH0;x{þfAvGV ge8 4(@\Ah~(c>HqeF}rjEȓm;W kv:9j%<IM(2mzr%*! wϗgNB;M KJ[>|K0r-dF{FLbY7}(֋0=;"C(Yz; a35wW"+SMpfr JMuoLaaA
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old 17-03-2012, 11:57 PM
rohitb rohitb is offline
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 33
Thanks: 0
Thanked 57 Times in 18 Posts
rohitb is on a distinguished road
Default

alex one more option is available where we can save the charts directly to excel

below is the format

Date GOLD995[MCX]05APR2012.open GOLD995[MCX]05APR2012.high GOLD995[MCX]05APR2012.low GOLD995[MCX]05APR2012.close GOLD995[MCX]05APR2012.volume
3/17/2012 10:00 27879 27879 27835 27846 127000
3/17/2012 10:05 27843 27843 27819 27842 102000
3/17/2012 10:10 27843 27845 27837 27837 37000
3/17/2012 10:15 27840 27842 27837 27839 26000
3/17/2012 10:20 27838 27852 27837 27852 53000
3/17/2012 10:25 27852 27863 27850 27859 60000
3/17/2012 10:30 27858 27861 27857 27857 26000

is there a way to split the date and time column and adding Gold (ticker) Column automatically in a excel sheet
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rohitb For This Useful Post:
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 18-03-2012, 12:22 AM
alex alex is offline
indiTraders VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,928
Thanks: 14,925
Thanked 13,314 Times in 4,262 Posts
alex has a reputation beyond reputealex has a reputation beyond reputealex has a reputation beyond reputealex has a reputation beyond repute
alex has a reputation beyond reputealex has a reputation beyond reputealex has a reputation beyond reputealex has a reputation beyond reputealex has a reputation beyond reputealex has a reputation beyond reputealex has a reputation beyond reputealex has a reputation beyond reputealex has a reputation beyond reputealex has a reputation beyond reputealex has a reputation beyond reputealex has a reputation beyond reputealex has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Originally Posted by rohitb View Post
alex one more option is available where we can save the charts directly to excel

below is the format

Date GOLD995[MCX]05APR2012.open GOLD995[MCX]05APR2012.high GOLD995[MCX]05APR2012.low GOLD995[MCX]05APR2012.close GOLD995[MCX]05APR2012.volume
3/17/2012 10:00 27879 27879 27835 27846 127000
3/17/2012 10:05 27843 27843 27819 27842 102000
3/17/2012 10:10 27843 27845 27837 27837 37000
3/17/2012 10:15 27840 27842 27837 27839 26000
3/17/2012 10:20 27838 27852 27837 27852 53000
3/17/2012 10:25 27852 27863 27850 27859 60000
3/17/2012 10:30 27858 27861 27857 27857 26000

is there a way to split the date and time column and adding Gold (ticker) Column automatically in a excel sheet

There is ASAP utilities add on for excel which is free, that can split it. For automatically adding symbol, go to view > macros > record macros and repeat the last procedure I mentioned for adding Nifty in my excel, instead Nifty type gold. Stop the recording. Next time hit any short key you have assigned then symbol Gold will add.
P.S. Just afterthought, why don't copy ll the data in excel, pest in notepad, save notepad, then fetch the data from notepad to excel and while importing the data there is an option for separating the text field ( under delmiters ), you can check space box so date and time will be separated.
__________________
The essence of mathematics is not to make simple things complicated, but to make complicated things simple.

Last edited by alex; 18-03-2012 at 12:28 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)  
Old 19-03-2012, 12:23 PM
smarttrade smarttrade is offline
Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 98
Thanks: 121
Thanked 96 Times in 46 Posts
smarttrade will become famous soon enoughsmarttrade will become famous soon enough
Default

Originally Posted by rohitb View Post
i think they have made some changes in latest version of odin ie 10.0.02
i dont see ne dat files i just see 1620584223I.cdt and NIFTY12MARFUT[NSE FAO]15.tl


Dear Alex,
I am also using Odin Diet ver 10.0.0.02 . Only .tl extension Files Available in Chartdata Folder. I Couldn't see Dat files.

Example : NIFTY12MARFUT[NSE FAO]15.tl
MINIFTY12MARFUT[NSE FAO]15.tl
JSW STEEL LIMITED[NSE EQ]15.tl
GOLD MINI 995[MCX]04APR201215.tl


Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to smarttrade For This Useful Post:
Reply

indiTraders - Forum for the Active Indian Trader > Tools > Data


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.inditraders.com/data/6308-get-odin-diet-market-watch-data-amibroker-without-any-software.html
Posted By For Type Date
Yahoo! Groups This thread Refback 13-09-2013 01:33 AM

GFDL

All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:04 AM.


vBulletin Copyright by vBulletin

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2